Saturday, December 4, 2010

Every Little Thing Is Going To Be Alright

SHIP'S LOG:

I am still in Bell's River in Fernandina Beach, cold Fernandina Beach. The back seal on the raw water pump needs replacing, if not the pump itself,and I talked with Gerry's friend up in Jacksonville. The good news is that he may have the pump and the repair kit on hand. The bad news is that I can't quite get to his marina. He is just on the wrong side of a 45 foot bridge so I will have to stay at a marina just on the right side of that same bridge and he will send someone over to work on the pump.

It's about 25 miles to the St. John River and another 23 miles up the river to Jacksonville. It will be a two day trip and hopefully I will be in the marina Sunday night so that bright and early on Monday morning the work can commence.

The weather is calling for a low of 27 degrees on Tuesday night in Jacksonville. Not a comforting prospect to say the least. Hopefully, there is no snow coming. I don't think I could tolerate that!!!!

No comments: